Our school is a community where pupils, parents and teachers collaborate and work in partnership for the children. When parents decide to send their children to our school, they are entering a relationship that has a shared sense of purpose and mutual respect.
In keeping with the principles of education, our school is democratically run by our Board of Management. The involvement of parents is sought and encouraged both at Board and Parent Association level.
Respect for professional role of the teacher and the statutory responsibilities of the Principal, Patron and the Board of Management is always an important consideration.
The following are some general guidelines for parents:
- Show an interest in, and concern for, your child’s education.
- Being over-ambitious and putting undue pressure on the child is undesirable.
- Avoid comparing your child with other children at home, in class or in the neighbourhood.
- Review the use of television and computer games.
- Praise and encouragement is the cornerstone of successful relations between parent/teacher and children.
- Problems, which affect your child’s progress at school, should always be discussed with the class teacher or with the Principal. The contact numbers for our School are:
Fax: 066 - 7181553
Do not hesitate to contact the school at the above numbers to make an appointment to meet the Class Teacher/Resource Teacher or Principal.
The following methods are used to ensure effective Home/School Links:
- A note in the child’s Homework Journal.
- A letter to parent/guardian or teacher.
- Personal visit – appointment advisable.
- Parent/Teacher Meetings.
- Talks for parents and teachers on some aspect of school life.
- Religious Celebrations, i.e. School Mass, Sacraments.
- Annual Sports Day.
- Parents Association.
- Booklet for Infants starting school.