Board Of Management
The Board of Management
The Board of Management has eight members: two members nominated by the Patron, two members elected by the parents, the School Principal and a teacher elected by the staff. These six members then nominate two other members from the wider community. The term of office for the Board is four years. The function of the Board is to govern the school, including policy formation and implementation, appoint staff (subject to the Minister’s and the Patron’s approval). The Board must, at all times, comply with legislation, the Rules for National schools, the Constitution of Boards of Management and directives from the Department of Education and Science.
The Parents Association
C.B.S. has a long established Parents Association. The aims of the Association are:
• To adopt a programme of activities, which will promote the involvement of parents in the operation of the school, in consultation with the Principal.
• To foster educational partnership between home and school for the benefit of the children.
• To represent parents’ interests.
• To provide support for teachers.
• To assist members who have difficulties.
• To promote the development of the school and its amenities.
• To advise the Principal or the Board on matters relating to the school.
• Please refer to the Parents’ Notice board for details of upcoming events or contact names and telephone numbers.