- C.B.S. Primary School has in excess of 450 pupils with a teaching staff of 34 teachers. The school also has a secretary and a fulltime caretaker.
- In 2005 C.B.S. school community took the decision to change its status to a fully vertical (Junior Infants to 6th Class) co-educational school.
- At present in C.B.S. there are 18 mainstream classes. There is also a support team of teachers who work with children who have been assessed by the Department of Education as needing additional resource teaching, children from the traveling community and children identified by teachers as needing additional support. The school also offers an English Language Support Service to foreign national children where English is not their main language.
- A school Code of Behaviour is provided for each family.
- School starts at 8.45 a.m. and ends at 2.30 p.m. Junior Classes have separate breaks are from the Senior Classes. Morning breaks are from 10.30 a.m. to 10.45 a.m. (Junior Classes) and from 10.50 p.m. to 11.05 a.m. (senior classes). Lunch-time breaks are from 12.00 p.m. to 12.30 p.m. (Junior classes) and from 12.45 p.m. to 1.15 p.m. (senior classes)
- Learning support teachers work with designated pupils in the mainstream class alongside class teacher, as well as occasionally on a withdrawal basis.
- Classes are timetabled for P.E. in the School Hall/Playing Field.
- Swimming Lessons are provided for pupils in Tralee Sports Complex during the school year.
- Each class is timetabled to visit School Library once a week.
- Religion Classes are timetabled for each day. The Alive-O programme is followed. The school chaplain, Fr Hanafin, visits from time to time. Each class may have a number of pupils who do not partake in religious instruction. Work may be assigned to these pupils during this time.
- Learning beyond the Classroom. Many activities are organised for pupils outside of teaching hours.
- School Choir
- School Band
- Sports (Gaelic football, hurling, soccer, basketball, swimming, athletics)
- Quiz Teams
- Visits from invited specialists
- Information Technology
Each classroom has its own computers and software in class. A new state of the art computer room is planned.
- Each child is provided with a school journal at the beginning of school year.
- At the back of School Journal are detachable user-friendly notes for Absences from School and also leaving during school day.
- Parents/Guardians must call to classroom to collect child for various appointments during school day.
- C.B.S. operates a Junior School Warden Service
- Fire Drills: A fire drill takes place in our school on a regular basis.
- A copy of School calendar is issued to each family at the start of each school year.
- A Healthy Eating Policy is operated at C.B.S.
- C.B.S. is a recipient of the prestigious Green Flag. Our Green School Programme is outlined in School Journal.